Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day Weekend

Well, I had a lovely weekend with my mother on Saturday and being the mother on Sunday!
We have a pretty good system worked out. The Saturday before Mother's Day, Christy, Mom and I all spend some time together. She lets up be the mom on Mother's Day. Yesterday, we had lunch at the Cheesecake Factory and went shopping. It was fun to just be with them with out distractions. I laughed till I got a headache. Mom said she was exhausted and had to spend the night at Christy's. LOL! We had a really good day together!

Today, Mark had to work, but me and the boys got up and went to church. The sermon was excellent! Then we went and ate Bar-B-Q for lunch. We came home and I got to spend a little time with Mark, which was very nice because we haven't had a lot of time together lately. Then I took a nap with Major. When I woke up, Mark, with some help from Mav and Michael, had cleaned my car. This is a really big deal because my car was in really bad shape! And then, Michael and Mav asked me to go out to dinner and a movie with them.

It is amazing, but still after 3 years Michael and Mav still miss the mom they had before Major came along. Don't get me wrong. They love Major and would not trade for the world. But when it was just them things were A LOT different. Anyway, we went and had dinner and saw the movie "Soul Surfer." It was a really good movie. Very emotional and thought provoking for me. And the boys really enjoyed it too. So, I had a wonderful weekend. I am so blessed to have the mother I have, and to get to be a mother to my wonderful boys. Life is good!

No comments: