Sunday, September 26, 2010

First 40

Yesterday was my BFF’s 40th birthday.

Marissa and I have been friends since I don’t even remember when. We were in the same Kindergarten class at Benbrook Elementary. We went all through elementary, middle school and two years of High School. We roomed together at Texas Tech. She was in my wedding and I was at hers. I remember when she was pregnant with her daughter. We lost touch for a few years, then after she had her son and I had Michael we reconnected. Then, for about the next eight or nine years we were only in contact two or three time. Then last summer she found me on Facebook.

I am so blessed to have her back in my life. I have really needed her this year, and every time, she has been there! She truly is a lifelong friend, and I love her! So, when her husband called and invited me to a surprise party for her 40th birthday, there was no question that I would be there.

The party was a lot of fun, and it is always wonderful to see her family. There is something that just feels good about being with people who have known you through all the good, and all the bad too! But it has left me pondering 40 and my 40’s. When I reflect back on my 30’s, I am astonished by how many times my life has been turned upside down with changes. What will my 40’s bring? What will the next 40 years bring? The possibilities are endless, and exciting, and frightening.
Anyway, these are a few pics from last night.


Me and Marissa! Who would ever believe that we are "40!"

All of those candles! It took like a hour to light them! LOL!

And then they were trick candles and kept lighting back up!

Marissa and her mom, Helen. Two beautiful women, on the inside and out!

No comments: