Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Texas Stadium Seats

For Christmas, Mark got me a tanning membership. I feel good when I am tan and he benefits from me feeling good - it was a WIN/WIN! Anyway, the strip center that the salon is in is still real new and mostly vacant, and next door are TONS of statium seats. Really, I am talking like 25,000 seats.

So, Mark tells me that he saw all of these seats and I really got excited. I was like "WOW! That is a piece of history! That would be so cool!" I wanted them! OK, looking back, I was probably played by my husband. But I am pretty sure we both got what we wanted.

Last week, I finally met the guy that had all the seats and placed my order. Well, it just so happened that he was having an event last weekend with some former Dallas Cowboys, and other local NFL players to autograph the chairs, or whatever else you might have. Mavrick was with me and went nuts. He was so excited!

So, last Saturday rolled around and I took Michael and Mavrick. We got our set of seats signed, and met some really nice Cowboys. But my favorite was Bam Morris, who played for Texas Tech. I believe he plays for the Steelers now.
Bam is one BIG man, but he was so nice... just like you would expect a former Texas Tech player to be!

Both boys had footballs for the players to sign and got signatures from Bam, EJ Whitley #70, Dixon Edwards #58, Lincoln Coleman #44 , Mario Edwards #27 , Kevin Smith #26 , Kelvin Garmon #? , Ryan Neufeld # , Keithon Flemming (who they say is going to sign with the Bears, but is right out of college)and Brashir Yamini. The cool thing about it all is that we have the seats and can take the backs off to have them signed by other players. You know I am on the look out for Miles Austin!

No comments: