Saturday, June 13, 2009

Summer Time

I have found that I am one of those mom’s who is looking for an educational experience (and fun) in everything. While this can be good, it is also somewhat annoying. Anyway, as I looked at the calendar for this summer, I didn’t want the boys to spend 24/7 in the house playing video games, eating chips and getting fat. As fun as that sounds! So, we have made somewhat of a schedule of fun things to do and little field trips to go on. My sister is more of a planner than I am, but we have worked together to come up with a lot of fun and educational things to do with the kids this summer.

We have on our calendar to go to Allen to swim with Christy and the kids every Thursday. So far we have done well, but Christy and the kids have only been able to join us one out of three times. Major still doesn’t like the water, so I haven’t been swimming yet. He is real good about sitting in the shade and playing with toys, rolling the ball, taking a nap, etc. It has just worked out that the day before we go, it always rains, so the water is so cold that I don’t even want to get in, and I know that he would FREAK!

Today, we are at the skating rink for a few hours. We also decided to do one fun outing each week, as time allows. Last week we went to Frisco’s Fire Safety Town for a tour, and may go back later in the summer for a program or two. We went to Mr. Gattis Town too, which was a lot of fun, kind of like Chuck E. Cheese. Tomorrow, we are loading up all five of the kids and going to Dinosaur Valley State Park in Glenrose. Then we are going to the farm to spend the night. I know my boys will find the dinosaur stuff interesting, and hopefully Bella will too. The babies are just along for the ride!

Next week they have VBS at our church, and they might go to VBS with the neighbors in the evenings as well. We probably won’t do much more than that. Maybe something Friday? Then the following week Mark and I are taking Michael and Mavrick to a Rough Rider’s baseball game. The next day we are taking all the kids to the Ft. Worth Stock Yards and hoping to be there in time to see the daily cattle drive! We have Hawaiian Falls, another VBS, a trip to Austin, and possibly the Mesquite Rodeo or Six Flags planned in July. Haven’t got to August yet. At some point they are going with my mom and dad for a “Staycation” in Ft. Worth.

Yea! I love summer time!

No comments: