Saturday, June 13, 2009

Mav's Zoo Field Trip

Mavrick’s last field trip was to the Ft. Worth Zoo. I always love going to the Ft. Worth Zoo (not too much of a Dallas Zoo fan). Anyway, we had our group, and I got stuck with another little crazy! He is actually the brother of the crazy that was in my group on Michael’s last field trip.

It was really humid that day, and you know how bad I sweat! I was like a fountain that day. Not helping matters any, Mavrick wanted me to ride the bus with him – from Lewisville! Lord! But because I love my time with him so much, I did. We got there and the little crazy child literally bounced off the walls. He took sooo long to look at things that we didn’t get to see everything. Mav was a little pissed. I assured him that we would be back this summer and be able to see EVERYTHING.
They wanted to ride the train, and of course, Crazy boy didn’t have any money. No big, we all rode the train. Then we were walking back, trying to get to the gift shop in enough time to shop. I thought that I would get Crazy a little something since his parents had either forgotten, or just didn’t have any money to send with him…. We are walking along and he says that his mom just got one of those new small computers for her birthday… well, they obviously have the money just forgot to give him any… “ she turned 40 on her birthday.” I believe it. “How old are you?” I tell him. “That’s funny, my mom is older than you, but you LOOK OLDER THAN HER!” What! He did not just say that! Oh, yes, he went there! I looked at Mavrick and said “you know that is not appropriate to say to an adult woman, EVER, don’t you?” Mav said he did. Then I told Mav that I had felt sorry for him not having any money and was going to get him something at the gift shop, “but now that little $hit isn’t getting anything!” Mavrick loves to tell that story!

No comments: