Friday, March 6, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Today my sweet Daddy turns 66. I know, he does look a lot younger than that! His hair has just started to grey in the last year. And about two weeks ago he got hearing aids…”huh?” You heard me.

He really is amazing. You remember week before last when I was so sick, Major stayed with mom and dad for two nights so I could get some real rest and finally get better. One of those nights Daddy slept in his chair with Major because Major was having a bad night. Can you believe that? There are not many Poppy’s who would do that. It is amazing how in love with that child he is. He loves all five of the kids, but he and Major have something so sweet and so different. They are bonded.

Since our house flooded (I will write more about that later), we have been staying at mom and dad’s. We all keep such busy schedules and come and go so much that we haven’t gotten on each other’s nerves yet. Well, they haven’t gotten on my nerves yet, anyway. This afternoon, I was in the kitchen and Daddy had Major in the living room. Daddy was just laughing out loud. It was a good laugh, a real laugh. It was so sweet, and it really made my heart feel good to hear him laugh like that.

Mom and Dad went to the farm last night, so we won’t see them for his birthday… but I will be thinking about you, Daddy. You are wonderful! I Love You! Happy Birthday!

No comments: