Thursday, June 26, 2008

God Help Me!

Major turned 10 weeks old yesterday. He is
getting so big and strong. His neck muscles are
getting stronger and he will be able to sit in one of those bumbo (?) seats before I know it. He has been sleeping well about every other night. We have developed a beautiful night-night ritual consisting of 4 oz of warm formula with 2 tsp of rice cereal, waves on the noise machine and the moodscapes music channel on the tv. Often times I am asleep before Major… ok, that is not unusually for the mother of a new born. But he does let me lay him down without him being completely asleep – you know, like all the professionals say you should do, but I haven’t done with the other two!

So, Michael is grounded for a week. I think it is more difficult on me than on him. Yesterday I took Major down to my dad and told the boys I would be right back. That is how they learn to stay by themselves, right? Little slots of time, building responsibility, right? As I am coming home, I see his silly little self dart across the street on his bike, going back to our house. That little $hit had not only left the house when I was not home, but he had crossed the street on his bike! He parked his bike on the front porch where he always does, and when I got in the house, he was sitting in a chair in the living room like nothing had happened. I walked in and asked “How stupid do you think I am?” He is driving me crazy! And I think I am learning more of a lesson then he is… spare the rod, spoil the child – no truer words!

Mavrick is officially girl crazy. We were watching TV and he said “I like this commercial cause you can see half of that woman’s boob.” WHAT! I promptly told him that was not appropriate talk for a seven year old. Then he said “J K mom.” That means just kidding. Then he said “Mom, you should never say J A.” I asked why not? “Because that means Jack A$$.”

Lord, please give me help with these boys!

1 comment:

Julie B said...

MAVRICK! Oh my, he is a growin' boy! Do kids in elementary school really speak in text abbreviations?!
Wow...that's so cute though how honest he was...as cute as a 7 yr. old commenting on a BOOB can be, that is...