Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Major in the Middle

I am finding that nothing warms my heart like looking at my children. Tonight the boys wanted to watch TV in my bed. Then they decided that they wanted Major in the middle. It was so sweet that they wanted to be all together. And the sight of it makes me feel wonderful!

I know some people think that the parent’s room is no place for the kids to gather. How could it be your retreat when it is full of kids? I understand all that. Maybe the reason I am such an advocate for the “family bed” is because I remember some of my best conversations with my parents, my mom especially, were in their room, sitting on their bed in the evening. It would always be after dinner and before bed, and would be the perfect time to share my thoughts and dreams. I can only hope and pray that my boys will spend time with me like that.

No comments: